And so the UK has sleep-walked its way into what is probably the worst political, economic and constitutional crisis since crises were invented.
If you voted leave, here’s what you voted for:
- A devalued pound
- Devalued pensions
- Interest rate hike
- The destruction of the NHS
- Elimination of European options for work and study
- Probably no change in immigration
- More expensive holidays in Europe
- Less choice of flights into Europe
- Environmental laws at risk
- Low roaming cost laws at risk
- Human rights laws at risk
- Holiday entitlements at risk
- The break-up of the UK into its constituent countries
- Peace between the UK and European nations at risk
- New limits on cross-border commerce
- Expat healthcare at risk
- Likelihood of long term recession
- The prospect of
Wurzel GummidgeBoris Johnson as premier
- The admiration of far-right extremists and fascists everywhere
- A weakening of democracy (the EU is more democratic than the UK)
- Likelihood of higher unemployment
But there must be some good to come out of this, right?
Nope, can’t think of anything.
Still feeling proud to be British?
I guess one thing we’ve learned from this is that Britain contains at least 17.1 million idiots. And if you voted leave, you’re one of them.